Leather skirts are one of the oldest known garments for people. Thanks to the Wild-Wild-West films, they became extremely popular in the 70s and 80s. The leather season is back in fashion and celebrities are rocking the trend, both offscreen and onscreen. These comfortably chic skirts are known to convey the image of a brave personality and self-confidence without having to speak much. Popular actresses such as Shilpa Shetty, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Deepika Padukone look sizzling at many events when they choose these glamorous skins. Let’s take a quick look at the popular leather skirt designs for women that have been approved by our fashionistas!
How to choose the right leather skirt?
With a range of leather skirts available on the market, choosing the right piece is quite a challenge. Here are some style tips to help you find the perfect leather skirt for your body type:
- There are three basic versions of leather skirts: pencil, A-line and pleated.
- They are available in high waist, medium rise and low waist.
- If you have an apple-shaped body, wear high-waisted pleated skirts.
- Women with hourglass figures can opt for pencil skirts.
- For those who prefer a uniform, appropriate look, figure-hugging leather skirts are the best.
- A pear-shaped woman can opt for an A-line skirt.
How to style a leather skirt outfit?
Here are some Do’s and Don’s:
- Always check the quality of the leather used.
- Do not choose fabrics that are too thick or too thin.
- Shiny, shimmering fabrics make you look gaudy. Avoid such skirts for daytime events unless you’re visiting a nightclub.
- Many colors are available for leather skirts. You can experiment with your look by opting for light tones in combination with light tops.
- Do not wear a leather jacket on these skirts. You could look “hidden”.
- You can wear a leather cowboy hat with these skirts to look chic.
- Keep your accessories to a minimum. Pair them with studded chokers, metal bracelets and watches for an elegant look.
- Invest in good sunglasses to increase your glamorous quotient.
So, ladies! These are some of the best leather skirt models you can try this season! Most of these skirts are made of soft leather or faux pas skin to make them skin-friendly. Real leather skirts are usually expensive and have a hard texture. If you’d like to experiment with your looks, get one of these affordable skirts and show off your fashionista side. Combine them with the right tops to leave a lasting impression!