If planning a new house or renovating is a big challenge, finding the right accessories is another! Especially with doors, many owners stick to traditional wood or metal designs that have their own advantages and disadvantages. Fortunately, we now have access to UPVC door designs, the benefits of which cannot be compared to any other material.
UPVC stands for Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, a kind of polymer. This is one of the best-selling materials for doors and windows due to its pricing, functionality and unbeatable properties. In this article, we will explore the basics of PVC door construction, its benefits, purchase instructions and 10 latest designs in detail.
What is UPVC door?
PVC is a lightweight material that is made by mixing PVC with special modifiers and stabilizers. This converts the polymer into hard material that is used for doors and frames. PVC doors are extremely versatile in design and adapt perfectly to Indian climatic conditions.
What are the different types of UPVC doors?
Whether for your interior or exterior, there is a certain type of PVC door for your home. Check out some of the most popular strains available on the market:
- Double doors: PVC double doors are the most commonly used models in Indian households. The doors are hinged to the frame to move in or out.
- Sliding doors: These doors are ideal for your patios, living rooms and even your bedrooms. They are great space savers and underline the beauty of your decor.
- French doors: The large glass doors with PVC allow an incomparable ventilation of your house. You can choose the folding, sliding or other modes that you want.
- Folding doors: Open them wide or stack them. Foldable PVC door designs work well in compact spaces. They can also be customized for commercial purposes!
What are the main advantages of PVC doors?
PVC doors are made with advanced technology to surpass traditional doors. Here are the main reasons why these doors are in such high demand:
- Superior: PVC doors are pretty heavy and difficult to break. Some of these doors have a steel core, making it almost impossible to destroy them.
- Cost efficient: Everything comes down to the budget! The reason why many prefer PVC doors is because of their unprecedented pricing.
- Easy maintenance: Unlike wooden or metal doors, which can rot or corrode over time, PVC doors are resistant to harsh weather. All you need is a damp cloth to wipe off dirt and make it shiny again!
- Thermal insulation: PVC door designs provide insulation in homes by keeping the home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. They also increase energy efficiency to cut your electricity bills.
Points to consider before buying PVC doors:
How do you make sure that a PVC door is worth the money? Here are some tips for seasoned buyers to know what to look for before buying a PVC door:
- Quality: This is the top priority for every homeowner. Instead of trying local shops, go to branded doors and carefully analyze the brochures.
- Energy efficiency class: PVC door constructions have a mandatory energy efficiency class from A ++ to E, where E stands for lowest efficiency. So if you want to maximize your energy savings, it’s worth a little extra investment.
- Color and surface options: Here is the best thing about these doors! uPVC is available in almost any color palette you want. You can choose whether you want to keep it noble in white or opt for a rustic wood grain finish.
- Accessories added: Make sure your door is equipped with the necessary keyholes, door knobs, handles and other functions to meet your needs.