The topic of geometry has not only inspired mathematicians, but also many fashion designers. The classic design of stripes has been adopted by many generations and although it is decades old, it always goes out of style! Striped skirts are one of the best and biggest trends for women thanks to the bold and beautiful mood they bring.
However, skirts with stripes deceive your eyes and have an illusionary effect on your eyesight. For this reason, many people shudder when mentioning these outfits because choosing the right pattern is a challenge. To look perfect, you need to consider different aspects of the stripe. Let us learn more interesting details about this style and get to know the many types and styling tips with 10 latest designs.
How do I choose the right type of striped skirt for my body type?
Although stripes are considered fashionable, be aware that not all stripes are suitable for everyone. There are different types of stripes, which differ in width, color and especially in direction. Here is a quick guide to understand these models and choose the one that’s right for you:
- Heart-shaped body: If you have a more voluminous bottom, choose the thin, horizontally striped skirt to normalize the shape.
- Pear-shaped body: Opt for vertical stripes that can make you look tall and curvy.
- Rectangular body: If your body fat is unevenly distributed, you need to use thicker zigzag strips to get a contoured look.
- Daintily: You can now add some volume to your body by choosing vertically striped skirts.
- Hourglass figure: Choose tight skirts with vertical or horizontal stripes.
How to style striped women’s skirts?
Once you know which striped skirt outfit suits your figure, it’s time to improve the look by following the style tips below:
- Choose your design wisely, paying attention to the shape of your body and its uniqueness.
- Instead of playing it safe by choosing monochrome, you can add color to your outfits. Opt for rainbow stripes or even skirts with unicorn motifs that can give you a millennial look.
- Don’t always stick to plain tops with striped skirts. Just try matching stripes to stripes. You can choose a stripe in the same direction, or reverse it in the top half to keep it interesting.
- Prints also work very well with stripes. Give courage and add geometry, animal accents or even dainty floral tops to your skirts.
- Finally, choose a variety of accessories such as shoes, handbags and even jewelry that can match or contrast with your skirt design.
We hope you loved this beautiful collection of striped skirts. These outfits can help you stay cool and classy at the same time. No matter what time of year or what mania dominates the fashion world, stripes are here to stay forever. Just break the rules and add one of these designs to your wardrobe. Show your swag and don’t be afraid to add some fun elements that reflect your quirky personality. If you’ve tried one of these models, but in your own way, give us a glimpse into your lookbook!