A straight cut salwar suit is the most popular variety in India’s traditional clothing segment. This style is said to originate from Pakistan, where it was common for women to wear long kurtas with two side cuts and a straight fit. The floor comes either in the legendary Salwar or a close-fitting Chudidhar. The reason why women prefer straight-cut salwar suits is because they hide their body’s flaws. The simple but well-designed silhouette of a straight-cut salwar makes everyone look taller and slimmer. Can’t wait to see the latest trends in Salwar Kameez designs with a straight cut? Scroll down for the catalog!
Features of the straight-cut salwar suit:
Here are some of the outstanding features of the straight cut variety:
- Straight cut kurtis are available in ankle-length, knee-length and short models.
- The bottoms are available in different models such as Salwars, Churidars, Palazzos and Pencil Pants.
- The top is sewn with two side cuts to improve the curvy line of the waist.
- Newer models have a one-sided cut or even a front slot.
Fabrics for straight-cut salwars:
Various fabrics are used in the manufacture of these beautiful, straight-cut salwar suits. A variety of combinations are used, from natural fabrics such as cotton, linen or silk to artificial materials such as georgette, chiffon, mesh, velvet, rayon, viscose and rayon. They also come with additional trimmings to enhance the look of your dress.
Preferred age group for straight-cut salwars:
Women of all ages choose straight-cut Salwars suits. Whether it’s a young college girl or a middle-aged woman, these figure-defining cuts are suitable for all body types and shapes. The design should sit perfectly on your waist, with the side cuts so that you can move comfortably.
How to style a straight-cut salwar suit?
Here are some useful tips for wearing a straight-cut salwar kameez:
- Although straight-cut salwars are suitable for all body types, the “cut” must be adapted to your shape.
- Choose the right colors for the occasion. Pastel colors for the day and strong colors for the night
- If you are a few inches small, you can get a bigger look with an ankle-length kurta and a tight churidhar
- Wear your dupatta on your arms instead of the two-sided style to look festive
- When it comes to straight salwars, less is more. Opt for subtle work and embroidery for a clean, flawless look.
Each of these pieces can make a real style statement in its own way! Straight-cut salwar kameez suits will always top the charts in the Indian fashion industry. Despite a number of models coming onto the market, it is impossible to replace the position of a straight cut salwar. Regardless of whether you are looking for a work dress or even an evening reception, a straight cut salwar will certainly make you look well toned and graceful. Time to pause and choose your favorite design!