The Indian saree industry mainly consists of two main materials: silk and cotton. When the size of the silk is compared to the comfort of the cotton, an impressive saree made of silk cotton is created. Pure silk threads are woven with pure cotton threads to create a transparent yet durable fabric. These saris are very durable and economical compared to silk or cotton fabrics because they are made with the best of both worlds. Silk cotton saris have evolved over time to meet the needs of modern women. Read on to learn some interesting facts, as well as check out the latest cotton silk saree pictures.
Meaning of cotton silk sarees:
Cotton silk sarees play an important role in the Indian ethnic clothing segment. They are known for their durable fabrics when bought by authentic weavers. Pure silk cotton sarees have a natural sheen that is achieved by mixing both threads. They are also easy to design and play around with to create some interesting textures, shades and motifs.
Properties of cotton silk sari:
Here are some interesting properties of silk cotton saris:
- Silk cotton saris are made by placing one type of thread on the warp and the other on the weft.
- They are intertwined to create a slightly transparent fabric that is pleasant on the skin and still looks great.
- Some of the most popular types of cotton silk saris are chanderi, maheshwari, which are hand-woven using the finest threads.
- The main idea in making these saris is to make an interesting mix of the two.
- Silk saris made from a cotton blend are very popular with Indian women because they are breathable and skin-friendly.
How to style cotton silk sarees?
If you’re not sure how to style a cotton silk saree, follow these simple fashion hacks:
- Cotton silk sarees are suitable for most occasions. So choose the right color and design for the event.
- Colorful saris with zari are best for large events such as weddings, receptions, etc.
- Opt for pastel-colored saris that are perfect for day meetings.
- Traditional jewelry such as nakshi sets or accessories made of pure gold go well with these saris.
- A neat bun with a gajra is an ideal choice for hairstyles.
- You can wear a contrasting potty or clutch to complete the look.
- Don’t forget a nice bindi and a couple of glass bracelets to steal the show!
Which blouse is suitable for cotton silk sarees?
Cotton silk saris can be combined with different blouses depending on the look you want. Some of the trend models are:
- Kutch work blouses
- Raw silk blouses
- Mirror work blouse
- Blouse with a boat neck and elbow sleeves
- Resham embroidered blouses
- Zari blouse
- Banarasi silk blouse
That’s all, ladies! We hope you loved these 20 silk cotton saree designs! Every saree is worth the investment and will surely take at least a decade. They are cheaper than a traditional silk sari and deserve a special place in your wardrobe. The best thing about this saree is that it does not require additional care such as polishing and can be dry cleaned and ironed. With the summer wedding season coming up, plan to buy at least one of these awesome pieces to stay cool and classy!