A shirt is an indispensable item of clothing for men! A well-fitting shirt can instantly turn a playful boy into a handsome gentleman. This humble shirt has a long but interesting history! Shirts were originally worn as underwear under the coats. It was considered insulting for men to show their shirts in public until the 18th century. Men were later allowed to wear shirts, but the classic whites were limited to the elite class of society. There are many more interesting facts to learn about men’s shirts. Read on to expand your knowledge and discover some of the latest men’s shirts.
Meaning of shirts in men’s fashion:
Shirts are necessary to cover the upper part of a man’s body. They are tailored to the male body and available in different fits. Men’s shirts are important to look professional in a work environment and create a formal look. They are also a convenient alternative to heavy coats and outerwear. You can dress up or dress up with a shirt simply by changing the way it is worn and styled!
Characteristics of shirts:
Check out some of the remarkable features of a shirt:
- Shirts come in many styles and patterns for different occasions
- Shirts and oxford shirts are considered suitable for formal wear
- A typical shirt consists of a collar, a button placket, a cuff, a back yoke, pleats and darts for a neat fit
- For different body types, the shirts are slim, normal, skin-tight and baggy
- The sleeve options in the shirt are full sleeves, three quarters, half length for men
How do I choose the best material and fabric for men’s shirts?
The process of zeroing a shirt starts with choosing the right fabric. Read more about the best shirt materials for men:
- Shirt fabrics are available in one or two layers depending on the number of yarns from which a single thread is made.
- Two-ply fabrics are considered one-ply in terms of durability and strength.
- They are smoother, finer and also feel luxurious.
- It is also recommended to use fabrics with a high thread count.
- In addition to the thread count parameter, it is also important to consider the type of weave to avoid wrinkles.
- Cotton, linen and Lycra blend Cotton is the best shirt material for men’s clothing.
How do I choose the right shirt for your body type?
A well-fitting shirt alone can change your look. No matter how expensive a shirt is, if the fit is not right, it is simply not for you! Follow these hacks to learn how to choose the right fit:
- Before buying a shirt, it is always important to try it out.
- Wear the shirt properly and button it up to get the exact measurements.
- The seam of the shirt should meet at the corner of your shoulder bone.
- You should be able to slide two fingers into the collar after it is closed.
- The armholes should be comfortable – neither too tight nor too loose.
- The sleeves should slide easily in a natural flow.
- The waist part shouldn’t show a lot of fabric or be too tight to be pulled away from your buttons.
- The sleeve should be 1 inch above your wrist bone to ensure a neat look.
Branded shirts usually come at a higher cost, but your budget gives you good options on a budget. If you prefer a shopping center or online shopping for shirts, you can get varieties in shirts with your sizes. The design of men’s shirts is getting bigger, but the men out there should keep up to date with the newer trend and keep up with the modernized era. Also, following traditional clothing is an important factor, which can be indicated for any festive season by wearing a shiny pattu shirt or a simple khadhi shirt. Are you trying to create your new line of shirt collection? Then add a cuff-designed shirt or a checkered grandpa down shirt to the list.