Whether your home is in a broken city center or in a remote location, guarding it with a fence is a must! With the increasing number of thefts and crimes in cities, you simply cannot compromise on security. For this reason, you need to invest in security gate designs that protect your homes and give you security.
The biggest advantage of security gates over other gates is their shatterproof construction. It is almost impossible to destroy and pass through the gates without permission. That’s not all! The selection of these gates for your home offers many other advantages, which are discussed in detail in the article. Also learn more about the types, buyer’s tips with 10 latest security gate designs!
What is a security gate?
A security gate is an external gate that consists of metal or wooden bars. They are usually installed on the driveways or the fence areas of a house. Due to the vertical arrangement of the panels, it is difficult to climb on them. Very often, the beams end up like sharp spikes to threaten potential intruders.
What are the advantages of security gates?
Here are some of the key benefits of installing security gate doors for your home:
- Restricted access: Home security gates can prevent unauthorized persons from entering your zone. The gates provide visibility to the area so you know who to allow and who to restrict.
- Improved security: With security gates, you can now rest your worries about your children and pets. These gates can prevent even tiny animals and people from sneaking out.
- Optics: A security gate outside your home can add value to your property and make it more welcoming to your visitors.
- Versatile: Security gates are versatile when it comes to adding additional security functions. You can power it with an intercom, surveillance camera and other advanced systems for better control.
What are the different types of security gates?
There are two basic categories of security gates: manual and automated.
A manual gate is operated by one person and controlled with a lock and a key. An automated gate works with motion detection for opening or closing. Manual gates are cheap and easy to install. Automated gates are expensive and labor intensive.
Let’s get to know the three types of security gates that are available in both manual and automated models.
- Sliding gates: These are great space savers and move on a roller attached to the floor.
- Cantilever Gates: These gates open in a vertical position to allow vehicle movement.
- Swing gates: They are conventional gates that open inwards or outwards
Points to consider before buying security gates:
To make your investment worthwhile, we recommend that you follow the following buying tips from experts:
- Analyze the terrain of your entry point as well as space and usage. This can be helpful when choosing the right type of door.
- Choose a branded door that promises good quality, along with a guarantee card.
- You need to make sure that the material you choose is strong and durable. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of choosing between wood, steel, aluminum or iron.
- Inquire about the finish and protective coating of the gates. The gates must withstand moisture, corrosion and harsh weather.
- Opt for a colorful door that gives glamor to your exterior instead of opting for a sleek, old design.
Ideas for security gates are essential for every home or commercial area. Installing these gates at the entrance to your home can reduce the risk of robbery and crime. Choosing from one of these awesome designs can also improve the look of your home and add an outer splendor that suits your interior. So it’s time to take your security issues seriously and choose from one of these fabulous security door models!