A school is the second safe place for children after their home! The most important aspect of an educational building is choosing the right gate to secure the place. From restricting access to unauthorized personnel to maintaining internal discipline, school gate designs play a critical role in academic space.
In addition, these gates must comply with the special guidelines of the National School Security Council to prevent potential internal and external threats. They must also be able to meet the environmental challenges to protect students and employees. Let us learn more about the designs of the school gates with pictures as well as information on types and buyer’s guide.
What are the different types of school gates?
There are three basic types of gates that are for school use only:
- Sliding gate: This school gate can be pushed or pulled to operate. Since it runs on a lower track and glides horizontally, the space is effective. It is weather-resistant and is not easily exposed to external loads.
- Up-and-over door: The single or double door is hinged to the composite wall. They work in a conventional model and move inwards or outwards. Because they can open wide, they can accommodate the movement of large vehicles such as school buses.
- Automatic gates: These gates are equipped with advanced technology to reduce manual dependency. The sensors in them can detect a movement and open or close accordingly. This may not be suitable for schools with young children and may be more relevant for colleges or universities.
Points to consider before buying school gates:
Here are some key factors to consider before focusing on a design:
- First, you need to understand the age group of the students and choose an option that is suitable for everyone.
- The layout of the area must be carefully analyzed in order to choose between one of the above types.
- The gate must be made of sturdy material, preferably wrought iron or steel that can withstand trauma.
- You also need to make sure that the gate’s locking system is secure and childproof.
- The hinges must also be checked for strength and determine their suitability for school gates.