“Oversized skirts for women? Are you kidding me? “. These were the statements made a few years ago by people before Plus-Sized clothing entered the market. Fortunately, these rules are being passed and there is no room for compromise. It is now a new” normalcy “for women with large frames, to turn in flowing skirts or to show off their curves in figure-hugging minis with such great freedom of choice.
Thanks to many brands that are strongly committed to body positivity and diversity, there is a special segment dedicated to the production of oversized ladies’ skirts, which are available in different models. These outfits are tailored to sizes from 16 years and complement their unique body structures. So let’s take a look at popular skirt types for tall women as well as a style book and 10 latest designs.
What are the suitable oversized skirts for women?
Before you look at the different types of rock, you have to take a very important step. That means you have to change your perception of your body and accept what it is. You have to open your mind and be ready to break the stereotypes.
Once you’ve done this, we can help you learn more about the many types of skirts you can try:
- Floor-length skirts: If you are new to skirts then this style is a sure bet. The long skirt hides your lower body and instead draws attention to your waist.
- Knee-length skirts: This is a great choice for plus size women and popular for their airy look. You can confidently show your legs while remaining in your comfort zone.
- Short skirts: If you’re brave and don’t mind exposing your thighs, mini skirts are ideal. The over-the-knee styles are suitable for large sizes if they are well styled.
- Flared skirts: These are designed in an A-line pattern and have many torches. They are available in both long and short models and are very versatile for styling.
- Waisted skirts: For those who prefer figure-hugging outfits, tailored models such as body cons and pencil skirts are an ideal option.
How to style oversized women’s skirts?
Now let’s achieve the perfect look with a skirt on your beautiful plus size figure:
- If you have never tried skirts, we recommend a floor-length skirt in A-Line. Use flowing materials like georgette that make you look slim.
- For a more formal look, combine your mid-length skirt with a button-down shirt. Choose subtle colors like gray, maroon, black or brown.
- Steal the show at a night party by showing your “mini” side. Experiment with shimmering metallic shirts and combine them with a backless top to look like a bomb.
- To look casual, choose printed skirts that are light and airy. You can try flowers, animals, or even abstract art. Prints on prints also work well. So don’t be afraid to try this trend.
- Avoid horizontal stripes and materials that make them look bulky, such as cotton, linen.
- Wear stylish footwear and even knee-length boots with your short skirts for a thinner look.
Don’t these oversize rock styles make you “wow”? We are sure that you will be enthusiastic and inspired by these designs. Just forget what the world has to say about you and remember that you are dressing up for “yourself”. Break the rules and make your decisions. Try these fantastic models and understand what looks good to you and what doesn’t. This way, you can slowly build your own mini-runway and gain tons of confidence!