An office environment is very different from the normal living environment. Unlike your home, an office houses a very large amount and infrastructure. For a large part of the glass and metal construction, the doors must also fit the office scene. Office door constructions were specially developed for commercial properties, taking into account size, security and compatibility with the standards.
These doors not only have to be functional, but also stylish and practical. They are also available in standard sizes or can be customized for uniqueness. In this article, we take a look at the different types and buyer’s guide with the latest catalog of office door designs for 2020.
What are the different types of office doors?
Depending on whether they are used indoors or outdoors, office door designs are available in a variety of materials and styles. Here are the commonly used doors for different purposes:
- Steel doors: These doors consist of a steel housing on a hollow metal door. The inside of the door is made of foam or resin for added strength and insulation. They are usually used for interiors, especially for safe rooms.
- Aluminum doors: These doors are known for their low and stylish appearance. They are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and are usually combined with glass panels for ventilation and visibility.
- Glass fiber doors: They are made of tempered glass that is durable and perfect for office cabins and even entrance doors.
- Wooden doors: Wooden doors are only used for interiors because they require a lot of maintenance. These home office doors are often used for cabins or main administrator rooms due to their luxurious appearance.
What are the points to consider before buying office doors?
The following tips can help you find the perfect door for your office, whether it’s a common room or a building for a reputable company:
- Safety: The importance of security for an office needs no special mention. You need to make sure that the door offers maximum protection against unwanted interference and potential threats. The locking mechanism must be advanced and tamper-proof.
- Security standards: Every commercial building has certain security standards for buildings, which also apply to doors. Therefore, you have to make sure that the doors are durable, fire-proof and meet the standards. They must also be energy efficient and regulate the inside temperature.
- Privacy: The doors must be soundproof and be able to be closed and opened seamlessly. You have to make sure that the confidential information stays within the four walls.
- Optics: The doors not only offer the features mentioned above, but also have to fit into the natural aesthetics of an office space. The doors have to look exclusive to make your office more inviting.