The epitome of Salwar Kameez has its roots in Pakistan and certain North Indian states like Punjab. This is one of the most popular garments worn by both men and women. While the salwar kameez suits for men sound a bit strange, they are considered traditional outfits for men in India and Pakistan. Before the advent of the English shirt and trousers in the country, men from Muslim and North Indian communities relied on hand-woven Salwar Kameez for their everyday life. People from all communities take on the modern Salwar Kameez suits for men for special occasions such as weddings or festivals. Let us talk more about these fine garments and also discover some of the latest men’s designs from Salwar Kurta on the market.
Features of men’s salwar suits:
Here are some of the interesting features of salwar suits for men and boys:
- The salwar suits for men differ from those for women in terms of styling, fit and color combinations
- Men wear a two-piece set with a long kurta and a loose salwar
- In contrast to the extra wide Dupatta, men’s salwar suits are supplied with a custom-made stole or scarf that are only used for special occasions.
- Sober and muted colors are widespread in the men’s clothing segment. Beige, gray, black, peach, pastel and white are selected
- Classic salwar or tight-fitting churidar pants are used in these suits
Meaning of salwar suits for men:
Men’s salwar suits are one of the originally known clothing for men in countries in India and Pakistan. They are cultural icons of the two regions and mean a lot to certain communities. Salwar kameez suits are made of cotton material to make them practical for everyday work. Many men, especially the older generation, prefer these outfits over modern clothing to ensure the incomparable comfort they offer.
Fabrics used in men’s salwar suits:
Cotton is the most popular material for men’s salwar suits. Khadi, linen and soft organic cotton in particular make these outfits suitable for hot and humid weather. For special occasions, materials such as silk, raw silk and tussar are used for a natural shine and opulence.
Preferred age group for men’s salwar suits:
These stylish garments are designed for men of all ages. From a 1 year old boy to a 100 year old grandpa, salwar suits can be worn by almost everyone. By choosing soft fabrics with minimal ornamentation, the male Salwar Kameez designs can be suitable for everyday use.
How to choose the right salwar suit for men?
Follow these expert-style tips to rock the Ethnic Salwar Kameez look this season:
- Choose plain-colored salwar kameez suits for small events like festivals or casual gatherings
- Light-skinned men can experiment with bold colors, while pastel colors look great on brown skins
- Make sure the Kurta suits you well to reveal your well-toned body
- Men with a broad chest can opt for slightly embellished salwar without looking glaring
- If you’re heading to weddings or special occasions, choose jacket-style salwar kameez to look great
- Minimal embellishments such as zardosi, sequins, pearls or pearls are acceptable for these outfits.
Impressed by our collection? These 15 salwar suit designs for men can highlight your masculinity and maintain your traditions. They are a perfect alternative to western suits, which are very uncomfortable to wear in our weather conditions. If you choose from a variety of these patterns, you can easily experiment with different looks! Get the perfect mix of classic and modern values with these dreamy garments.