Ever heard of Louvre doors? These versatile doors are the latest trend in interior design for more than one reason. Louvre door designs are known for their incomparable style and functionality. They were originally reserved for covering cabinets and cupboards, but have now become part of the mainstream door segment.
Louvre doors are like blinds that close the room while allowing light and air to enter. If you want to choose a door that can serve as an accessory and door, then a Louvre door is for you! Read on to find out more about these doors with buying guide and design catalog.
What is Louvre door?
A Louvred door consists of an array of horizontal blades made of wood, glass, or other materials known as Louvres. They create tiny openings for the flow of air and light. These blades can be fixed or movable for opening and closing. A door with Louvres gives access to natural ventilation, even if it stays closed.
What is the purpose of a Louvre door?
Slat door designs are becoming increasingly popular with modern homeowners due to their unbeatable advantages. Here are the main reasons to choose them for your home:
- Use of space: Slat doors also fit like a glove in crowded rooms, as they can slide easily instead of opening wide. These doors can also create the illusion of a larger room and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Airflow: If you want to keep your room closed and still want some fresh air from outside, Louver doors are your answer! They also act as exhaust air ducts for the release of bad air so that your room smells fresh.
- Natural light: Whether for your closet or bedroom, Louvre doors let sunlight into the room to remove moisture inside. You can stop worrying that your clothes smell or your room is getting too dark!
- Modern look: Louvre doors not only serve the main purpose of a door, they also add beauty to the environment. With a little customization, these doors can make your home look trendy!
What are the different types of Louvre doors?
There are different types of louvers that are used on the doors to serve different purposes. Here are some of the most popular slat door designs:
- Louvre wooden doors: These doors come with wooden slats and are often used for closets and interiors.
- Aluminum Louvre doors: They are made of aluminum for a smooth finish. These doors are also rustproof and are also suitable for outdoor use.
- Acoustic Louvre doors: If you’re looking for noise reduction doors, try the acoustic Louvres. They are larger than the normal louvre doors and block the light.
- Custom Louvre doors: You can adjust the size of the openings to control the flow of air and light into the room.
Instructions for buying a Louvre door for your home:
The following must be considered before buying a louvre door:
- Always measure the area correctly to ensure that the door is properly seated. Write down the length, width and width of the door.
- If you plan to install louvers for outdoor use, choose metals like aluminum instead of wood for a longer life.
- A tailor-made Louvre door that controls the required light and air flow is recommended for room dividing doors.
- Using glass panels instead of wood or metal can create a contemporary look and brighten up your space.
- Slat sliding doors are preferable to save space for interiors or cupboards.