The name “Cardigan” was named after James Brudenell, the 7th Earl of Cardigan. He was a British Army General and was responsible for leading the Light Brigade’s indictment during the Crimean War. The long black cardigan was modeled on the knitted wool vest that the British officers wore mainly during the war. Due to the performance of Lord Cardigan during the war, the popularity of the garment was increased. The main invention happened when Brudenell noticed that the jacket’s tails had accidentally burned out due to the fireplace. From that day on, the cardigan garment was born and popularized. The name “cardigan” is a variation of the Welsh place name “Ceredigion”.
Meaning of long cardigans:
The following are some of the more well-known meanings of long cardigans:
- Long cardigans are very well-known garments that are mainly used in winter to keep the human body warm.
- Chunky long cardigans also help in harsh winters.
- Since long cardigans are light, they can be worn easily.
- The long net jacket can also be used as an accessory for your main clothing and gives your entire outfit a fashionable statement.
What are the Long Cardigans features?
If you want to buy long cardigans, you should know these basic functions:
- This type of long open cardigan covers all of your arms and covers your wrists.
- Cardigans usually have full sleeves.
- These cardigans also extend under your waist and even cover all of your hips – to the middle or two thirds of your thighs.
- These clothes are mostly worn in winter.
- Long cute cardigans are also available in numerous designs.
Which age group is most preferred for women?
There is no such age restriction for the age group of women who could wear these long cardigans. Still, long cardigans look great and are mainly aimed at women in their 20s and 30s. Because of the colors and designs available in the long cardigan market today, younger women are primarily suitable for wearing these garments. Apart from that, long cardigans can undoubtedly be used as a style quotient by women of all ages.
The advantages and disadvantages of wearing long cardigans:
- Always wear long women’s cardigans with figure-hugging clothing such as jeans and tops.
- If you want to wear long cardigans with dresses or skirts and then want to make sure that the dress or skirt is actually knee-length, it won’t look good otherwise.
- Don’t wear long cardigans with mini dresses or skirts because your figure looks very oversized.
- Make sure you don’t wear loose fitting pants or pants along with long cardigans as this can look strange and out of place.
How long to style cardigans?
With the help of these little tips you can easily style your own female long cardigan:
- Long cardigans can easily be styled with a simple handbag or a handbag for the entire outfit.
- A small handbag in red, blue or even teal color will strongly emphasize your style.
- You can also style long cardigans by wearing stilettos with your entire outfit to stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure the heel size is comfortable for you.
It is easy to see that buying a good long cardigan is not easy at all. It takes a lot more research to know about the product and how to style it. There’s no reason to buy a product if you don’t know how to style it as best as possible. Long cardigans are indeed great items of clothing that you should have in your closet, so it is also necessary to make the right purchase. For this reason, this article guide will help you in all directions of your buying problem and help you find your perfect long cardigan.