Invite your guests over for a cup of coffee at home and the first thing they notice is your living room! It is undoubtedly one of the most important areas of your home where all family members and friends gather to have great conversations. To make this room more beautiful and worthy, you have to choose the right living room designs!
This includes the planning and visualization of your room in terms of the colors, the placement of the furniture and the overall construction. Regardless of whether you want to build a new house or renovate an existing one, this article serves as a quick guide to understanding how to design a living room!
What is living room?
A living room, often referred to as a living room, is the first entrance to the house. It is used to connect with guests, watch TV or relax. In Western terms, this room is called a living room, living room, salon, or even a salon.
What are the different types of living room styles?
A living room reflects your personal taste, your attitude and your general personality. Depending on your individual selection, you can choose from one of these different styles:
- Modern – abstract furniture, chic and futuristic design.
- Minimalist – less is more concept. Clean and refined upholstery.
- Contemporary – colorful, bright and up to date with the latest ideas.
- Eclectic – Lively, bold and energetic interiors.
- Traditional – old school patterns that always impress.
- Vintage – Bring back the designs of the 50s and 60s with a modern twist.
- Retro – Free-spirited designs with a hint of pop culture.
- Rustic – raw wood interior that brings you close to nature.
Well, the list doesn’t end here! There are many more styles that you can explore before you focus on the design.
How do I choose the right living room layout?
A living room needs to be designed based on the overall theme of the house, the functionality of the area and the available space. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Define the purpose of the room. Is it just to meet and greet each other? Or would you also like to use it for entertainment?
- After completing the basic analysis, select the focus of the room. This is the center around which the entire room is modeled. It can be a TV unit, a fireplace, a bookshelf or even a decorative wall.
- If you often expect a lot of guests, make room for more furniture. Place it in the middle of the room so people can walk around easily.
- Depending on the size of the room, you can divide it into several areas such as a play area, theater room or reading area by arranging the separators accordingly.
- Choose colors wisely. You can use a healthy balance of neutral and bright colors to give the room the right touch of drama.
- Finally, think about the budget and tell your architect how much you are willing to spend on this space to avoid future financial problems.
Vastu Shastra for living room furnishings:
According to traditional Indian architecture, each room must follow the Vastu rules in order to radiate positive energy. If you want to create a blissful atmosphere in your home, you need to consider the following advantages and disadvantages:
- The placement in the living room must be in the direction your house is facing. For example, if your house faces west, the living room must be in the northwest. Likewise, the room must be located in a south-facing house in a south-easterly direction.
- If you have heavy furniture such as cupboards or large shop units, place them in the southwest or west direction of the room.
- Electronics such as television are ideally located in the southeast corner of the room and refrigerators or air conditioners in the north corner.
- Place your furniture in the western or southern corners of your living room.