This is the season of the bed linen! With the scorching summers just around the corner, linen shirts for men are the best way to stay classy and comfortable. However, if you believe that linen is an invention of the new age, you are completely wrong! The history of linen shirts goes back to 7000 BC. BC Back. As a natural fabric, linen offers a superior look as well as strength and durability. These characteristics made linen one of the most popular options for men’s clothing, especially in the area of upper clothing. Learn about this amazing material and check out some of the latest linen shirt designs and styling tips.
Meaning of linen shirts for men:
The regular fabrics for men’s clothing are not suitable for all weather conditions. They are specially designed for indoor use or boardroom meetings and can be very tough in hot climates. Here linen proves to be advantageous. Linen is made from flax trees and is a highly absorbent material that can soak your sweat and keep you airy all day. It acts as a natural cooling system and not to forget the aristocratic look it offers.
Characteristics of men’s linen shirts:
Read on to learn more about these interesting properties of men’s linen shirts:
- Linen is a strong fiber with a soft, cloudy feeling on the skin.
- While the actual linen fabric is yellowish or gray, it can be bleached to produce almost all colors on the palate.
- Linen shirts are specially designed for casual or semi-formal clothing.
- They are not as stiff as cotton and look light.
- Linen shirts are very prone to wrinkles and are not suitable as shirts.
- They come in full sleeves, half sleeves, and even long shirt styles to appeal to a wide audience.
- You can also find a range of prints, stripes and dots on the shirts that suit your taste.
How to style men’s linen shirts?
Follow these expert hacks to look sensational in your linen shirts:
- Linen shirts tend to shrink slightly after washing. Before buying, make sure the shirt is at least 1 or 2 inches loose.
- Choose cool pastel colors for the daytime. Colors like light pink, blue, yellow and peach are always there!
- Depending on the weather, you can wear a linen shirt with a blazer, coat or even a thin cardigan.
- Linen shirts go perfectly with linen pants and shorts. Wear this combination for an airy look.
- You can pocket the shirt or leave it out for a dress up or dress down look.
- Slim fit shirts are best for those who have tight bodies. Simply roll up your sleeves and open the first button to look extremely cool.
- Experiment with a variety of prints to look playful!
- Shoes and sandals also go well with these shirts.
The list of linen products is endless. It is used everywhere in our homes these days. But when woven as clothing, it is easy to carry and maintain. When perfectly sewn, it shows a neat and clean versatility. No other fabric can be compared to a linen shirt. Linen shirts for men are a must for hot summer weather. When linen is mixed with silk, it looks stylish. The durability of the linen shirt makes it a firm favorite around the world. It will remain at the top for centuries. Linen shirt has properties of easily washable and strong fabric. Linen shirts for men look very elegant and perfect in every season. People rely more on linen shirts to stay fresh and cool. Linen shirts are flexible so you can wear them day to night without worry.