We all dream of a beautiful home that is worth being put on display! No matter how much we invest in the decor, it is the ceiling that changes or changes the look of your interior. Indeed, modern designers and homeowners consider decorative home ceiling as an investment. In addition to enhancing the beauty of your space, a high quality secondary roof offers a variety of advantages.
In this article we will guide you to the basic points of false ceiling designs, including the types, materials and latest models on the market. So why wait? Read with us!
What are false ceilings?
As the name suggests, the false ceiling is an imitating ceiling layer, which is arranged under the actual roofing. It consists of panels that are arranged in various designs and patterns on the metal frame. Typically, the distance between the real ceiling and the secondary ceiling is kept to a minimum of 8 inches.
Advantages of false ceiling designs:
Here are the main reasons why false roofing has recently gained traction:
- Optics: False ceilings change the look of your room and improve the overall aesthetics. They also let you play with your creativity and support highly artistic designs.
- Concealer: All ugly cables, masts, and other elements are neatly hidden behind the ceiling for a tidy, final finish.
- Lighting: You can add different types of lights to brighten up the interiors. They also support mood lighting to provide you with the right environment.
- Energy savings: These blankets are able to absorb heat and maintain a controlled interior temperature. The effect of air conditioning or heating can be optimized with them.
- Acoustic protection: Choosing the right material and thickness can reduce external noise and maintain silence in the room.
Different types of blankets – depending on the material:
Depending on your visualization, your purpose, your location and your budget, there are many different materials for false ceilings to choose from. Below is a brief description of these products available on the market:
1. Pop Ceiling Design:
Pop stands for Plaster of Paris, a powdered form of plaster. It is economical, easy to shape and gives the room a superior finish. However, durability is a major disadvantage of this material.
2. Plaster ceiling:
This is a durable, fireproof material that comes in the form of panels of different sizes. The plaster ceilings are available in different colors and unique shapes.
3. PVC ceiling design:
It is made from polyvinyl chloride, an inexpensive synthetic material. Maintenance costs are even low due to its moisture and heat resistant properties.
4. Wooden ceiling design:
Here the ceiling consists of panels or wooden strips, which are arranged in different ways. While it looks classy and elegant, the costs and maintenance involved are quite high.
5. Design of the metal ceiling:
The trend today is to use real pewter or imitation metal tiles on the ceiling. They give the room a charming look and are available in many colors in glossy or matt surfaces.
6. Aluminum ceiling design:
The metal frame is made of aluminum in this style. Bricks or sheets are inserted in it to cover the primary roof. It is an easy and inexpensive idea.
7. Steel ceiling design:
Corrugated cardboard and stainless steel ceilings are trendy in modern houses. Metal sheets are shaped in different designs to decorate the roof.
8. Fabric ceiling design:
Here a thick, decorative fabric is used to cover the ceiling. Thin, transparent cables run along the edge of the room from which the fabric is led in different styles.
9. Design of the false ceiling made of glass:
Although expensive and difficult to maintain, glass is another popular material for ceilings. They create artistic patterns and reflective effects in the room.
10. Design of the fiber blanket:
With this type of ceiling, mineral fiber boards are used as a false ceiling. They are available in different colors and give a shiny look with their light-reflecting surfaces.
11. Design of the cement ceiling:
The actual roof is simply plastered with cement. There is no paint, wallpaper, or other secondary material to cover it up. The dark, gothic look of this blanket is trending these days.
12. Design of the Thermocol blanket:
White thermocol has sound-absorbing properties. This is how they make good blankets for home theaters and music rooms. However, they have a short lifespan and are difficult to maintain.
13. Design of the ceiling panels:
Another way to beautify your room is to use designer ceiling tiles. A special grout is used to attach it to the roof. Mosaics, painted or wall tiles are a good choice.