Imagine coming home after a long, tiring day and crashing into a comfortable bed! The feeling is inexplicable and better experienced than said! If a bed is your ultimate place to rest, it is only wise to choose the best one that you can buy for your money. In this article we have put together some of the latest bed designs for 2020 that not only look classy but also give you a good night’s sleep! Let us first understand some aspects to consider before buying a bed.
Important points to consider before buying a bed:
We humans spend an average of eight hours a day on bed, which is about a third of our lives. So you have to make sure that the bed you buy is suitable for your body and meets your individual needs. Here are some things you should know before buying a new bed:
- Size: First, make sure that the bed you choose fits well in the room. It has to be large enough to accommodate you and at the same time it shouldn’t take up the entire room. Depending on the size of the room and the number of people, you can choose between a single bed, a queen-size double bed and a king-size double bed.
- Frame: A bed is a long-term investment. So don’t settle for cheap materials that can easily break or tear in a few months. Consider sturdy teak, plywood, or even wrought iron wooden frames that are durable.
- Purpose: If the bed is only for sleeping or you want to make it multifunctional? If so, look for options like storage boxes, padded and sloping headboards for style and comfort.
- Budget: Know your possible price range and try to stay within. Put emphasis on quality and functionality to get your money’s worth.
What are the different types of bed designs?
Today the concept of the bed has changed since its invention. It is no longer just used for sleeping or treated as another piece of furniture in the room. The bed is now the center of your bedroom and serves as an accessory, storage element and even as a convertible seating area.
Here are some of the most popular types of beds and their advantages:
- Conventional bed: It is a platform bed with a wooden frame and a plank to support the mattress.
- Folding bed: This is space-saving and can be folded up when not in use.
- Pull-out bed: This is a bed in bed and is ideal for children. The pop-up compartments can be easily opened or closed to save space in the room.
- Adjustable bed: The bed has a motor to adjust the height and position of the headboard.
- Convertible bed: This is a bed-with-sofa that is light and made of metal. You can turn into a bed at night and a seat during the day.
- Poster bed: It is an old style bed with 4 vertical wooden or metal posts at the four corners.
- Bunk bed: It is a double or triple-decker bed with a ladder to get on and off.