The importance of a door to a house deserves special mention. While wooden doors are the most popular, they tend to wear out regularly. Here aluminum door designs make the difference! These doors are cheaper than plastic and stronger than wood. They are worth every penny and will last more than a few decades!
In addition to their unparalleled durability and affordability, aluminum door structures also offer numerous advantages. They can be customized to create stylish yet functional doors. Let’s talk more about their meaning, types, buying tips and some of the latest aluminum door pictures!
What is an aluminum door?
Aluminum is a silver material that is light and corrosion resistant. The metal is used to make doors for commercial and residential properties. They are made in various shapes and sizes, usually in combination with glass. The doors are also coated with a special powder coating to prevent scratches, fading and flaking of the surfaces.
What are the different types of aluminum doors?
Here are some of the most popular types of aluminum door designs available in India, along with their advantages:
- Aluminum wing doors: These doors are supplied with a hinge on the door that opens inwards or outwards.
- BiFold aluminum doors: These are great for outdoors and can be stacked to make room.
- Aluminum sliding doors: These are low-maintenance doors that are easy to use. They are ideal for indoors and outdoors in a house.
- Aluminum wing doors: These doors come with huge panes of glass that are exactly what you want for an entry point. Gullwing doors also offer good ventilation and a full view of the outside.
- Lifting and sliding doors made of aluminum: If you have a crowded space, lifting and sliding are ideal. They can be operated without taking up much of your room.
What are the advantages of aluminum doors?
In addition to their cost and lightweight properties, aluminum door designs offer a number of advantages for your home. Here are the main reasons why these doors are preferred for wood or plastic materials:
- High stability: Aluminum doors withstand extreme weather conditions. In contrast to wooden doors, these doors do not swell with moisture and move easily.
- Energy efficiency: By using glazed aluminum doors, you can reduce your electricity costs by a significant percentage. They also provide thermal insulation for your home.
- Security and protection: With aluminum doors, you don’t have to worry about protecting your home from unwanted tampering. The use of premium doors with 5-point bolts offers security!
- Custom sizes: There is no question of compromising on size for aluminum doors. You can switch from a small door to an XL size up to 2700 mm or more.
How do I buy the best aluminum door for your home?
To make your job easier, we have put together a knowledgeable buying guide with important tips that you should follow before investing in aluminum doors:
- The most important aspect is quality. Not all aluminum doors fit your home. You have to ask questions about hardness, metal quality, weldability and degree of corrosion.
- Check the doors for dents and dents to make sure you’re not happy with something cheap.
- It is always recommended to trust a brand store as your local dealer to get fair prices and best aluminum doors.
- Have your door measured correctly so that it fits properly. Also, contact an aluminum door specification expert to determine if they are suitable for a particular point in your home.
- Ask about color options for your door. You can break the stereotypes and choose different shades instead of simple, old “silver”!