Choosing the right door for your home can be as difficult as building your own home! Factors such as security, style and durability must be considered before buying a door. What if you could get everyone in one door segment? Yes! Steel door designs provide your home with rounded protection and an impressive appearance.
While other materials such as wood and PVC have their own advantages and disadvantages, the potential benefits of steel doors make them a smart option. These doors do not rot and do not succumb to the weather conditions. If you’d like to learn more about it, read along as we discuss the different types, buying tips and 10 latest designs in this segment!
What are the different types of steel doors?
Steel door constructions have always been stereotyped for their use in banks and lockers. However, this is not true! There are different types of steel doors for home and office to serve different purposes:
- Collapsible steel doors: These are manufactured doors that are mainly used for security purposes. They take up very little space and move on wheels on rails that are connected at the top and bottom.
- Hollow metal doors: These doors are used in commercial spaces. They have a core that is filled with various materials for better insulation and durability.
- Corrugated steel doors: They are usually used in residential buildings for outdoor areas such as garages, barns, etc.
- Steel sliding doors: They are operated on a rail to slide sideways. These doors can either be made of solid steel or with a combination of glass.
Points to consider before buying steel doors:
Here’s a knowledgeable buying guide to help you choose the perfect steel door for your home or office:
- Analyze the purpose of the door – What do you plan to achieve with the door? Safety? Beauty? Strength? Answers to these questions can help you decide whether the steel is the right material for your door.
- Aesthetics cannot be overlooked – You need to make sure that the door you choose merges with the rest of the topic. Ask your interior designer to help you design a unique door using a combination of wood or glass.
- Security is a top priority– While steel doors are very secure, choosing the right density and quality of materials can optimize your investment. Stay away from cheap, locally made doors as they are at high risk of failure.
- Everything comes down to the budget – Talk to the manager about your budget and ask about relevant options. This can help you do a good deal without burning a hole in your pocket.