No Indian celebration is complete without the women dressed in rich silk dresses. Silk salwar kameez suits are one of the most popular options among many women who have chosen them for their style and comfort. The earliest known salwar kameez suits were made from natural fibers made only from silk and cotton. While cotton salwars were used for everyday, practical clothing, silk suits were designed for the noble class. The use of high-quality silk threads gives the dress a natural sheen, which is further embellished with various decorative techniques. Let’s learn more about Silk Salwar Kameez Patterns and try the 15 best designs for this season.
Features of Silk Salwar suits:
Here are some interesting features of Silk Salwar Suits:
- Pure silk salwar suits are quite expensive due to the use of authentic natural silk threads
- Silk fabrics such as raw silk, tussar silk, bhagalpuri, chanderi and banarasi brocade are the most selected in terms of price and durability
- Silk salwars have a natural sheen that cannot be achieved with any other material
- They are perfect for big weddings and big events
- Depending on the occasion, these salwars are designed with various prints, embroidery patterns, patchwork, mirrors and other embellishments
Preferred age group for silk salwar suits:
The best thing about a silk salwar suit for women is its suitability for every age group. The high-quality silk salwars are usually picked by older women or middle-aged women to show them off on special occasions. The other types of silver mentioned above are even preferred by young women who choose to look graceful at Indian events.
How to style a silk salwar suit?
Silk salwar suits are very versatile when it comes to styling. With these tips for experts you can achieve the perfect lady look:
- Silk salwar suits are best for weddings, religious events and social gatherings
- You can choose bold and bright colors for night parties and soothing tones for daytime events
- Wear gold jewelry to maintain the traditional look for ethnic events
- You can try wearing statement accessories and antique jewelry to get the baroque look
- Instead of a dupatta, a silk jacket can be worn to look stylish and unique
- Opt for ornate footwear that matches your silk suits
- Buns, braids, and loose curls are the best hairstyles to try
Suitable dupattas for Silk Salwar suits:
Do you own a silk salwar suit but are confused about the Dupatta? Try these trendy Dupatta styles for Silk Salwars instead of the simple old school models:
- Rich silk patola dupatta
- Bright pochampally silk dupatta
- Banarasi Brocad Dupatta
- Kaantha Dupatta’s work
- Dupatta in shimmer style
- Organza Dupatta
- Woven silk dupatta
- Kanjeevaram Pattu Dupatta
We hope these 15 Silk Salwar Kameez designs have inspired your party outfit. Silk suits are delicate and require a lot of maintenance compared to the other fabrics. Choose these special occasion outfits to make them last longer. With such a large selection, it is quite difficult to shortlist only one! Just follow our tips for experts, depending on the occasion and time of the event, to improve the look! It’s time to go to the Silk Road!