An Indian woman can never have too many Salwar Kurti designs! With so many occasions and so many events to celebrate, you have to be one step ahead of everyone. So why not get to know the latest trends and events in the ethnic clothing segment? Today’s fashion scene is dominated by Fusion Wear and Indo Western Wear for modern women! It’s about playing with prints, cuts, and textures to give the old salwar suit design a new twist. If you’re excited to try them out and show your Fashionista page, read along, we’ll show you some of the latest designs!
Features of Kurta Salwar Designs:
Take a look at the characteristic features of Ms. Salwar Kurta:
- Kurtas are the outerwear of the Salwar suit and are usually long.
- These kurtas are available either as single pieces or as part of a Salwar Kameez set.
- Most of these kurtas are now worn without a dupatta for a casual look.
- They can be used to mix and match with a variety of salwars such as leggings or patiala.
- They are available in short, knee-length, ankle-length and even anarkalis in a frock coat style.
- Straight fit salwars come with a side slit or a front slit for easy movement.
Fabrics used for Salwar Kurtas:
While cotton is a popular choice for Salwar Kurtas, it is very easy to care for when washing and pressing! For this reason, fabrics such as georgetts, chiffons, crepes, rayon, viscose, satin and even mesh materials are highly valued by women. They flow freely, can be machine washed and have no colors. Cotton blend materials are equally comfortable and stylish!
How to style Salwar Kurta?
Take a look at these style tips, which always leave a lasting impression:
- Choose a design that is suitable for the occasion and the time of the event!
- Choose college attire for a playful look with lots of floral and bold animal motifs.
- Look like an ethnic diva by wearing kurta on jeans.
- Drop the dupatta and switch to a cotton scarf for a nifty look.
- Experiment with a variety of jewelry such as nickel silver, terracotta, or even colored beads.
- Wear a cotton bag instead of a leather bag and matching jutis or sandals.
These are some of the trendy Salwar Kurta designs you should try! With such a large selection, it is definitely difficult to make only one selection. However, life is too short to wear the same boring outfits every day. So have your wardrobe ready for any event by filling out some of these beauties. Let us know if you like a particular style or design that you think must be part of the article!