The mere mention of Kerala women brings us pictures of the traditional Kasavu Saree. Known for its characteristic combination of gold and cream, this cloth has a glorious history and is an integral part of state culture. The Kerala Saree blouse designs are in keeping with this theme and are traditionally worn in simple gold or cream colors.
However, the younger generation is slowly changing this common look with contemporary style blouses. The gold and creams give way to lighter colors like green, pink, and even bold prints. Even the fabrics are mixed to create a timeless fusion look. So if you are looking forward to creating new looks with your traditional Kasavu saris, read along.
Which blouses go with Kerala Sarees?
Because Kerala Saris are deeply rooted in the state’s ethos, it is important to keep them as close to tradition as possible. This does not mean that you cannot experiment with ideas. When choosing blouses for Kerala Sarees, you have to detach them elegantly, decently and above all not completely from the originality.
The basic rule is to use thick fabrics like raw silk, cotton or even silk. Avoid heavy decorations, deep cuts and skin marks.
With that in mind, we’ll go over some of the tried and tested Kerala style saree blouse designs on the Internet:
- Printed Kalamkari
- Ikkat cotton
- Pattu or Silk Cholis with Maggam work
- Delicate floral prints
- Jute or natural linen
- Bright red or green raw silk
- Golden tip
- Multi-colored kutch work
Look like a true goddess in the saree of “God’s Own Country”, Kerala:
- When you style a Kasavu Saree, you have to remember that “simplicity is the best beauty”!
- Keep it simple and elegant. Don’t try to go overboard with your accessories or makeup.
- For everyday events, choose a Kerala saree made of cotton and combine it with a hand-woven blouse such as pochampally, block printing or Pen Kalamkari.
- Wear it with a simple gold set and try half a braid to look like a Kerala Kutti.
- If you want to attend a wedding or large event, choose an ornate silk sari and wear a contrasting silk blouse in bright colors like red, green, and blue.
- Add a dash of bling with zardosi or thread work to stand out from the crowd.
- Complete your look with a pretty bindi and matching jewelry.
These are some of the best Kerala saree blouse designs that have been inspired this year. Although trends and styles are likely to change in the next season, the beauty of Kerala Kasavu Saree will remain forever. So you can only have one piece of this variety and try out several looks with a simple blouse change. Keep playing with your accessories and hairstyles to tease the crowd and prove that you are a true fashion fan!