No matter how big and beautiful your home is, a suitable door is important to leave a first impression! In addition to an aesthetic design and an elegant appearance, doors also have to fulfill their main purpose – safety and durability. For this reason, designers vouch for flush doors, their light weight and their particularly long service life. They also protect your bag and offer incredible benefits to your home. From termite protection to heat and water resistance, flush door designs are the best choice for your money.
Read on as we discuss more about sink doors, different types, features and benefits, and the latest sink door designs for Indian homes in 2020.
What is sink door?
Sink doors are simple, simple doors that are made of wood and have their name from their smooth surface. They consist of a base frame covered with two plywood sections on both sides. The core of these doors is a block board, which consists of wooden strips that are joined together under high pressure and heat.
Different types of sink doors:
Sink doors are offered in different designs for different purposes. Here are the three main types of these doors that are available on the market:
- Solid core flush doors: These doors are also called laminated flush doors and have a solid wooden block in the core. They are strong and durable.
- Hollow core sink doors: They are hollow doors with a honeycomb structure. These doors consist of plywood panels that are bound to the frame under high pressure. They are light and not as robust as the solid doors.
- Cellular Core Flush Doors: These doors are made with a central frame, which is attached at the top and bottom with bars and rails. They are stronger than the hollow flush doors, but inferior to solid doors in terms of strength and durability.
Meaning of the sink door in a house:
Sink doors are the most popular door options for many homes. They are economical, durable and stylish. Depending on whether the door is used for indoor or outdoor use, you can choose between these different types of sink doors. Sink doors can be used for both commercial and private purposes at a low cost.
Flush doors advantages:
After you understand the purpose of the sink doors to your home, let’s examine the main advantages of sink doors:
- High strength: Sink doors are quite strong and last for many years. They are also difficult to break through due to their rigid frames.
- Cost efficient: Compared to the other double doors, sink doors are inexpensive due to the low material costs.
- Easy to install: Because the doors are light, they are easy to install on site.
- Weatherproof: Sink doors do not swell in changing weather. Due to the special wooden blocks in them, they retain their structure regardless of the external conditions.
- Anti-termite protection: Sink doors are treated chemically, making them resistant to termites and drills.
- Scratch resistant: The smooth and shiny surface of flush doors remains unaffected by scratches, stains or sudden falls.
- Nice designs: Tailor-made sink doors are available in numerous models to emphasize the beauty of your home. They also offer noise protection!
What needs to be considered before buying a sink door?
Here are some of the factors you should consider before installing flush doors:
- Sink doors are not as decorative or decorated as panel doors. Be sure to note this before going to the store.
- If you are looking for an outer door, choose a flush solid core door, as it has to be stronger and more durable.
- Choose flush branded doors that are known in the market for quality and security.
- Sink doors are available in different designs and colors. You can experiment with different topics instead of the normal black and brown tones.