If you are one of the lucky ones who own private farmland, congratulations! The advantages of an open plot of land in a suburban region do not require special mention. However, there is also a fair chance that someone else dreams of it! Because of this, you need to invest the Farm Gate designs that serve as the first line of defense for your property.
The right gate design can reject unwanted entries and provide excellent protection. You can also control the flow of vehicles within the area. That’s not all! You can also make sure that your cattle and pets don’t go beyond the set limits.
What is Farm Gate?
A farm gate is an access point to farmland for privacy and protection. It also serves as a location marker for passers-by to indicate the availability of fresh products inside. The size of these doors is usually quite large and is carried by a wooden post or a metal fence. Depending on the budget, this can be done manually or automatically.
What are the different types of farm gates?
Depending on the purpose and the expected result, there are many types of farm gates, such as:
- Metal gates: These gates are made of materials such as iron, aluminum, wrought iron, steel, etc. for greater strength and durability.
- Wooden gates: The most popular choice for farm gates is wood due to its availability, appearance and affordable prices.
- Swing gates: These work like your normal doors and swing inwards or outwards.
- Sliding gates: If you have a lack of space, a foil model offers better advantages. Depending on the area and terrain, you can choose between a conventional track model or a boom.
- Stock gates: Storage gates are a better option for a cattle farm. You can control the animals and limit them to the stables.
What Are the Benefits of Farm Gates?
Here are some of the many uses for installing entry gates for your property.
- Safety: Security is a top priority for every landowner. Especially if the area is open and remote, the chances of land grabbing or illegal entry are quite high. A farm gate can prevent such occurrences and protect your property.
- Safety: A farm full of cows, goats and other birds is an instant prey for human and animal predators. You can now protect them with the help of a custom gate to reduce the risk of loss.
- Promotion: A gate to your field can make the curb more attractive and attract potential buyers and traders to your farm. It can serve as indirect advertising for increased opportunities of your future business.
Points to consider before buying a farm gate?
Before making an investment in farm gates, we recommend that you follow these expert buying tips to help you make the right decision:
- First measure the installation area by reading length, width and height exactly.
- Pay attention to the floor surface and also the environmental factors when choosing the right door type.
- If you have a large empty space, a swing gate can be ideal. Sliding gates can work quite well if there is no room to move.
- Material is important too. While metal is quite robust, it can tend to corrode. Wood looks noble, but can be affected by moisture. Whatever you choose, make sure it has a special protective layer that can withstand all conditions.
- For an unmanned entry point, an automated gate is a smart option. It reduces the burden of manual labor and also monitors every single movement.