The Indian fashion industry is at a high point on the world market! In-house fashion designers have seen a sharp rise in customer demand for Indian ethnic clothing. With a large Indian diaspora abroad, there is a constant need to create something fashionable yet typical of India. Ethnic Salwar Kameez suits are exported in large numbers to serve the general public abroad. From everyday clothing to ethnic parties to weddings, these beautiful pieces steal the hearts! Find out more about this segment and discover the latest designs for ethnic salwar suits.
Features of ethnic Salwar Kameez designs:
Ethnic clothing is an essential means, any traditional Indian clothing made from Indian fabrics and designs. Here are some key features:
- Depending on the place of origin, ethnic salwar suits are made from regional fabrics.
- They come in a range of styles and cuts for all generations.
- Many traditional motifs such as peacocks, elephants, horses and even mythological scenes are common.
- Salwars used in ethnic dresses are kept simple, like the loose baggy style or the famous Chudidhar.
- A Dupatta is a mandatory piece that comes with the suit and makes your outfit look complete.
Fabrics used in Salwar Kameez ethnic:
Ethnic salwar kameez sets ideally use fabrics from natural sources that are hand-woven by local artisans. Some of the most popular fabrics in Salwar Kameez are:
- Pure cotton
- Linen cotton
In addition to these Indian fabrics, artificial fabrics are also mixed to create unique creations such as georgette, chiffon, rayon, lycra, satin and mesh.
Suitable age group for ethnic Salwar Kameez sets:
There is no specific age group for this segment. Ethnic salwar kameez suits are suitable for all women regardless of their age. The use of high quality fabrics and traditional prints gives a woman beauty and elegance. Whether for a housewife or college girl, ethnic suits can get the best out of them!
How to style ethnic salwar kameez?
Our team of fashion experts is always there for you! If you’re not sure how to wear an ethnic Salwar Kameez outfit, follow these style tips:
- Depending on the occasion, choose the right fabric and the right color from the many ethnic Salwar Kameez patterns available on the market.
- You can try choosing the mix-and-match designs from Kurta and Salwar to create a different look.
- Young girls can try adding some bling by adding simple ethnic kurtis with brooches and chains.
- Wear your scarf-style Dupatta to look stylish.
- You can try adding terracotta jewelry or wooden beads to look like a boho queen.
The Indian ethnic clothing segment is an open platform to demonstrate creativity. The roots of the designs are preserved, and the designers play with the cuts, fabrics and prints. Even a simple ethnic salwar kameez set gets a dramatic element by adding multi-layer jackets, palazzos, dhoti pants, cigarette pants, and even skirts. With such a wide range of options, you can never repeat a design for two parties!