Black, a color associated with mystery, darkness, fearlessness, independence and authority, is a universal favorite. In many cultures like India, however, wearing black on cheap occasions is seen as a bad omen. This is just a superstition that many modern-thinking women break by choosing black salwar suits for all important events. Black Salwar suits can never fail you, especially on occasions such as receptions, engagements, evening parties and social gatherings. These elegant outfits make every woman look sensual without trying too hard! Can’t wait to see the latest black Salwar Kameez suit patterns? Continue reading!
Fabrics used in the black salwar suit:
Before we look at the trend designs, let’s look at the fabrics that black salwar suits are made from. The black dye can be applied to almost any fabric, making it one of the most versatile options for designers. Popular fabrics are georgette, chiffon, net, lace, velvet, satin, cotton, silk, linen, rayon, crepe and organza.
Preferred age group for black salwar suits:
Can women resist the idea of wearing a black salwar suit design? Under no circumstance! Because black salwars are suitable for women of all ages. Regardless of skin color, age or body shape, these breathtaking garments can make any woman a spell! Choosing the right material for your age group can have a positive impact on your overall presentation.
Which dupatta is suitable for a black salwar suit?
Black salwar suits can be combined with almost any style dupatta to create a unique look. Adding a dash of color or shimmer to a sleek black outfit can do the trick. Some of the popular dupatta styles are:
- Multi-colored Kutch work Dupatta
- Light pink / red banarasi silk dupatta
- Organza flower print dupatta
- Yellow chanderi dupatta
- Orange dupatta
- Pochampally Ikat Dupatta
- White lace dupatta
- Green Bandhini Dupatta
- Rosa Lehariya Dupatta
- Gold fabric dupatta
- Silver mirror work dupatta
How to style black salwar suits?
Do you have a black salwar suit? Check out our tips for experts to look brave and beautiful
- The black Salwar Kameez suit can be worn for almost any occasion, be it day or night
- For multi-day events, choose multicolored decorations and a coordinated dupatta with the suit
- For night parties, we recommend golden Zardozi work or heavy metallic threads to look glamorous
- And for workwear, a silk scarf with a sleek black salwar kameez suit can finish your boardroom
- Opt for cocktail events for transparent fabrics like mesh or lace to kill!
- Pair your black salwar suit with heavy Afghan or Banjara-inspired jewelry to get the boho look
- Wear contrasting high heels to complete your look
Impressed by these 15 black salwar suit designs? Black is a color that literally has no haters! It can make any woman look a shade lighter than her normal skin tone and provide a photogenic element. If you’re still not convinced to wear black salwar suits for traditional occasions, follow our style tips to alleviate the dark and add the much needed color! As a famous saying: “I will stop wearing black if they are darker in color”, it is difficult to resist this sizzling color!